In an exclusive interview with iplt20.com, the paceman spoke his heart out about bowling in death and his side’s chances of making it into last four.
Do you think your side Chennai Super Kings can make it to semis?
We definitely have a good chance, although we didn’t have a good start. We've got three good quick bowlers in L Balaji, Manpreet Gony and Albie Morkel. But I think the key is going to be our batsmen. We need to bat big like we did last time around.
How frustrating it is to miss the matches and warming the benches?
Yeah, I do miss playing matches. I do watch the guys and think that I can still do a job out there. I still have the feeling that I can make it to the playing XI.
What are your views on bowling in death?
Well, it's changed over the years. In the past, you just had to run up and try and bowl six yorkers. But the game has changed now, with the Powerplays only allowing two players outside the circle. You still need a good yorker, but you must mix it up with a slower ball and also a good bouncer. So, one has to keep the batsman guessing with variations.